Position: IT Manager
Experience: 15 to 20 Years
Job Location: Ahmedabad or Mumbai
Salary: up to 40 Lacs PA
As IT Manager you would be overall responsibility for IT Infrastructure life cycle management at the company and would work towards providing a 24/7 support system. As â€˜guardianâ€™ of the Live Systems, you would ensure maximum availability of core systems and that performance monitoring is in place and appropriate system capacity planning is undertaken.
Maintenance of Infrastructure
- Provide infrastructure services management, enable technical innovation and leverage of IT trends that can create business value to assist with the companyâ€™s requirements and expectations.
- Lead large strategic technology initiatives to build and maintain key elements of the companyâ€™s infrastructure and associated product portfolio, including but not limited to 24×7 data centre infrastructure management and evolution, remote access services and enterprise-scale database environments.
- Procure and track all company computer hardware and software purchases and maintain a 4-yearly refresh programme.
- Carry out annual technology and user audits.
- Manage the provision and maintenance of 3rd party infrastructure to agreed SLAâ€™s including hosting, personal computing support and networking at all major NGC locations.
- Manage all NGC owned servers, switches, firewalls and routers.
- Maintain appropriate licenses and subscriptions for computer hardware and software.
- Contribute to the Leadership team and produce reports when required.
- Manage system security, network management, performance monitoring and alerting, ensure appropriate backups are in place and retained for all systems.
- Ensure a comprehensive disaster recovery arrangement is maintained and operations are in place to ensure compliance during business continuity events.
- Work with Compliance Director in the development, adoption and enforcement of Information Security policies, procedures and standards.
- Supervises IT staff, including scheduling; assigning and directing work; onboarding new employees; overseeing or conducting training; addressing complaints and resolving problems; taking disciplinary action; and ensuring high performance standards.
- Support others through coaching and listening and encouraging their development by providing opportunities to grow.
- Seek to understand what motivates others and regularly give feedback to support them and increase their performance.
- Display own emotions appropriately to engage with others and build relationships.
- Set clear expectations and hold people to account for delivery against objectives and deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of data centre operations, telecommunications, network engineering, data centre applications, client/server computing and production operations support.
- Specific technologies of note include Microsoft Server & Client operating system and infrastructure applications, Cisco Voice and Networking, VMware, Storage, Database and/or Enterprise-level SANs, Cisco Server infrastructures, and multi-carrier WANs.
- Experience in related IT disciplines such as data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, database administration and outsourced systems.
- Ability to lead cross functional project teams in implementing projects of a complex nature.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and planning at a strategic level and the ability to translate strategic plans into working systems.