Posotion: Technical Operations Leader
Salary: 20 to 40 lacs (Open for right person)
- 6-15 years including at least 3 years leading people
- Experience with 24/7 global operations in an industry where technology is critical to business results.
- Must have experience leading each of application, operating system, network, and server/storage technologies for high performance and security.
- Take ownership of production applications.
- Initially, contribute to hardening the legacy platform. This will include getting current state facts, simplifying and consolidating, defining and executing tests, and implementing management and monitoring. Later, assume accountability to maintain reliability for the new platform.
- Continually improve reliability, latency, volume, cost and ease of management including influencing peers to make changes.
- Bring thought leadership and expertise on how to design bulletproof, massively scaled platforms.
- Final point of accountability for multiple, mission-critical applications.
- Managed at least 8 people for at least 3 years.
- Technical mastery at the application, operating system, network, and server/storage levels.
- Strongly prefer expertise with SQL Server, but can be experienced with any major database. They should know how to optimize database performance, and guide where to use relational stores relative other data management options.
- Understand the relationship of infrastructure to software performance, and able to guide infrastructure decisions to achieve high degrees of scalability with low latency.
- Management and monitoring:
- Prefer exposure to application performance management tools such as Dynatrace or Ruxit.
- Should have certifications earlier in their career.
- Exposure to ITIL is useful but not critical.
- Prefer experience working within a mature agile model including continuous or automated deployment.
- Domain expertise
- Lean methods (kaizen, Toyota approach) exposure is positive.
- The candidate should bring a high sense of urgency, close attention to detail, and a disciplined approach. They should be energetic and ready to take complete ownership of platform performance.
- Experience working in other global financial centers, such as London or New York, is positive.
- We value intelligence; self-sufficient drive to reliably perform high quality tasks with minimal direction; and integrity to treat people well, do what they say, and contribute to a culture based on trust.