Role – Linux System Administrator
Job Description: –
1. Job Responsibility
• Manage high Performance Linux Clusters
• Performance Testing and Benchmarking Infrastructure components based on project needs.
• Capacity management and planning, designing, developing and maintenance of various Server environments (Prod, Dev, Test etc.)
• Manage application LDAP, Apache, Send mail,
• Postfix, MySQL, PHP, and Puppet. In addition, be proficient in writing scripts, and maintaining backups.
• Design, configure, install and maintain all hardware including, but not limited to clustered, standalone servers,
• Blade servers, running VMware, and storage solutions including, RAID, and SAN technology.
• Datacentre Management and Monitoring .
• Highly motivated individual, with a positive & pro-active attitude to work, and willingness to make changes to improve operational efficiency through innovation, process and procedure, and adopting and adapting ideas and practices from elsewhere.
• Initiates dialogue, encourages discussion and shares knowledge willingly
• Logical & systematic approach to problem solving.
• Experience of managing multiple stakeholders spread across various time zones.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Vendor management
2. Job Requirement
• LINUX (Redhat/CentOS and SUSE)
• Strong understanding of NFS, DNS, NIS, SMTP, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, LDAP
• Strong understanding of system deployment tools such as Kick-start.
• Understanding of supported system architecture and evolving technologies
• Excellent understanding of ITIL framework.
• Service configuration DHCP, NFS, FTP, NTP, NIS, Apache, Samba, Yum Server.
• Network installations of kickstart and pxe boot
• Updating of the OS as when needed.
• Crash recovery of the systems.
• Implementing Disk quotas on File system
• Setting up ACL
• Setting up Syslog server and management of servers by syslog
• RAID and LVM Administration
• XEN and KVM Virtualization
• Backup using tar and rsync
• Squid Proxy administration.
• Basic experience in Shell scripts, iptables, Selinux,
• Installation and configuration of Nagios
3. Required Qualification and Experience
• ITIL Foundation certified
• Minimum 4 to 5 years related experience on above mentioned Job requirement